It’s always interesting to see what’s new but I’m usually looking for opportunities to recycle what’s already in my closet. To me, this is the most fun way to sport a few of the latest trends right away.
I once heard it said that fashion repeats itself every twenty years or so. As of late, it seems that some trends either cycle through faster, while others hang around for a few years at a time. I like the latter because it’s long enough for us to get plenty of wear out of them!
So I peeped out the Fall Trends List of 2015 (full list down below) and challenged myself with coming up with a couple of looks with a few items on the list that I already had in my closet. It was so much fun!
Here’s an adapted list of twenty items from the Fall 2015 Style Trend Forecast, according to Elle.com.
- The Bling Ring
- Lady Loafers
- Carwash Pleats
- Stomp (Boots)
- Happy Hemlines (Long with Flowy Bell Bottom)
- Furry Feet
- Cuffs (Cuffin’ Season)
- Glove Love
- Grey Suits (50 Suits of Grey)
- ‘Get Higher (Waisted)’
- The Boys Club
- Short Skirts (Who Wears Short Skirts)
- Oversized/Long Sleeves (Look Ma, No Hands)
- One Shoulder Wonders
- Plaid And Simple
- The Skinny Scarf
- Way, Way OTK (Over The Knee)
- Hold Tight (Tights/Textured)
- The Turtleneck Dickie
- Nouveau Victorian
Just like I suspected, there are a lot of familiar items on this year’s style trends list. Here are the ones I chose for my photo shoot, straight outta my closet!
- plaid skirt: plaid and simple/15
- mini plaid skirt: short skirts/12
- brown textured tights: tights/18 (I chose leggings since the skirt was a bit short, lol)
- brown over the knee boots: over the knee/17
- turtleneck dickie: turtleneck dickie/19 (I chose a mock turtleneck instead, hey make it work for you!)
- off-shoulder top: one shoulder wonders/14
Check back often as I will be showcasing items on the list taken right from my own closet! What items do you already have that are on this years’ list?